On the Hungarian data protection supervisory authority’s website, you can find a guideline for online-shops that also includes guidelines for cookies in Section 3 (link (in Hungarian)).
In summary, the following rules apply:
- The Hungarian Cookie Order requires informed consent prior to placing cookies. The current Cookie Order contains a definition of consent based on the consent definition in the former Data Protection Directive.
- Website operators must inform users in clear, precise and easily understood language that cookies are set on the website, e.g. through the use of a banner or active textboxes. The information must be given before the cookies are placed.
- The information must further contain details about who is setting cookies. Where third parties set, store or gain access to information in a user’s terminal equipment via the provider’s service, exact identification of the third parties must be given.
- authentication cookies
- multimedia player session cookies (e.g. Flash-Player-Cookies)
- user-input cookies
- user interface customization cookies