- The official version of the GDPR can be found at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679.
- However, you will find an easy-to-navigate and read version of the GDPR with matching recitals linked at https://www.activemind.legal/legislation/gdpr/.
Official guidelines accompanying the legislation
The Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) has established the Article 29 Working Party (WP29), which was an independent advisory body and consisted of representatives from the domestic supervisory authorities from each MS, the European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Commission. It gave opinions and prepared numerous guidelines for harmonized application of the EU data protection law in all MS countries.
With the introduction of the GDPR, the WP29 has been replaced by the European Data Protection Board (EDPB), which consists of the head of the national supervisory authorities of each MS and the European Data Protection Supervisor.
- Official website of the EDPB: https://edpb.europa.eu/
- Article 29 working party archives 1997-2016 are available at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/documentation/index_en.htm
- Article 29 Newsroom (11/2016-05/2018): http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/news-overview.cfm