Clause 8 of the DPA specifies the concept of public interest in Article 6 (1)(e) GDPR.
A processing of personal data, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority of the person responsible for data processing, exists in the following cases:
- administration of justice,
- performing a function in one of the two chambers of the Parliament,
- exercise of a function conferred on a person by a regulation or by a rule of law;
- exercise a function of the Crown, a Minister of the Crown or a government agency
- activity that supports or promotes democratic engagement.
Clause 9 of the DPA lowers the child’s consent to 13 years old and states that the reference to “information society services” does not include prevention or advisory services.